1/2 pound of penne pasta
1/2 cup of fresh or frozen green peas
1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
Half a cup of sour cream
Approx. 1 cup of cream or non-dairy alternative of choice
2 tablespoons of Olivia's UP EVOO of choice
2 tablespoons of Olivia's Wild Fernleaf Dill Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Handful of shaved or sliced Parmesan Romano cheese and extra dill to garnish
1. Boil Penne Pasta in a medium pot with a pinch of salt and peas. When it reaches al dente (still slightly chewy, not over cooked) take off heat and drain, set aside.
2. Warm up Olivia's UP EVOO and Olivia's Wild Fernleaf Dill Olive Oil in a large pan, heat on medium to low. Add sour cream and cream. Stir or whisk together until sauce ingredients are combined.
3. Add chopped dill, minced garlic, red pepper flakes (I used Marash, which is not too spicy and has a slightly smokey flavor, but normal red pepper works great) and fresh ground salt and pepper, to taste. Stir or whisk together. Simmer on low for a couple of minutes.
4. Add Penne and Peas from the colander back into the sauce, stirring everything together.
5. Serve with side dishes like the ones pictured here, sautéed seasoned sausage (or veggie sausage in this case) and steamed green beans drizzled with Olivia's UP EVOO and dressed with salt and pepper. Garnish Penne Alfredo with a generous handful of Parmesan Romano cheese on top. Enjoy!